Kleiberit PUR Edgebanding Adhesive Cartridges 707.9, Natural (6 Cartridges Per Box) (KA-PUR-707.9)
Field of application:
Edge banding of panels with:
• ABS, PMMA, PVC and PP edges (with suitable adhesion promoter)
• CPL and HPL edges
• Paper edges
• Veneer and solid wood edges
• The substrates should be freshly cut at right angles and should be free from dust. • Boards and edge material have to be acclimatized to room temperature. Maintain room temperature of at least 18°C, avoid draughts.
• During work pauses reduce the temperature to 100°C. Temperature control is of utmost importance when bonding HPL and solid wood edges.
• Long and thick work pieces need to be processed in the upper temperature range. • Low temperatures reduce the wetting of the edges.
• Application quantity and pressure have to be adjusted in such a way that when the application glue lines are pressed, a closed glue film is formed and the adhesive slightly pearls out on the margins. This can be easily checked by using a transparent test edge.
Reactive polyurethane hotmelts have a slightly lower initial strength compared to usual EVA hotmelts. Therefore consider the following:
• Use only recently sawed solid wood edges with good fit. Curved or twisted edges are unsuitable. • Work precisely when preparing the substrate edges.
• PUR hotmelts allow considerably tighter joints compared to EVA hotmelts. • Proceed very cautiously with thick PVC-edges in roll form due to deformation.
• Pay attention to a maximum roll pressure. Technical Properties
• Basis Polyurethane
• Specific gravity approx. 1,3 g/cm3
• Heating time 2 - 5 minutes
• Processing temp 130 - 150 °C
• Heat resistance up to +150 °C
• Cold resistance down to -30 °C
• Colour natural
• Viscosity (day of production) Brookfield HBTD 10 rpm:
at 120 °C: 160.000 ± 50.000 mPa⋅s
at 140 °C: 80.000 ± 20.000 mPa⋅s